While Texas isn’t known for its incredibly cold weather, there are a few months of the year where we run our heaters. During that time, you want to know that your heating system is able to keep you comfortable and that it is operating efficiently. While many people understand that regular oil changes are good for their vehicle, most people don’t apply the same logic to their heating system. At General Air Conditioning, we provide heating maintenance for all different types and brands of heating systems. We thought it would be a good idea to talk about some of the benefits of regular heating maintenance in San Antonio.
Benefits of Heating Maintenance in San Antonio
No matter what kind of heating system you have, whether it’s a furnace, boiler or heat pump, having it regularly inspected is probably a great idea. Here are a few of the benefits to regular heating maintenance in San Antonio.
- Increased efficiency – As your heating system ages, it will develop small issues or problems. These problems don’t necessarily cause the whole system to break down. But they do cause it to have to work harder. With regular maintenance, your heating technician will be able to fix those problems and potentially increase the efficiency of your system.
- Reduced repairs – Small problems with your heating system can eventually turn into larger ones. During regular inspections, our trained heating technicians will be able to detect small problems and fix them before they turn into costly repairs.
- Extended life – Many of the heating installation or replacement problems that we see started out as small issues. With regular inspection, your heating technician can remove those problems before they cause your whole heating system to break.
Common Heating Maintenance Tasks
There are a few common heating maintenance tasks that our San Antonio heating technicians will perform on each visit.
- Change the air filter – If you have a forced-air heating system like a furnace or a heat pump, then you most likely have an air filter. Without attention, that filter will get clogged with dirt and cause a whole bunch of nasty problems.
- Check fan – The fan is one of the most important parts of your heating system. During our regular maintenance visits, our techs will check the fan’s bearings, the blades, the fan belt and much more.
- Check thermostats – The thermostat in your home and also the ones that are located on your furnace, are critical to its proper operation.
- Check the burner – If you have a gas-fired heating system like a boiler or a furnace, our technicians will check the burner to make sure that it is clean and unobstructed.
When you need any kind of heating maintenance in San Antonio, call General Air Conditioning. We have years of experience working with all types to heating systems throughout the San Antonio area. Call us today!